St. Raphael's Chapel situated in the beautiful hamlet of Huccaby on Dartmoor, is a place of peace and tranquility. Built in 1868 as a combined chapel and schoolroom, it has the distinction of being the only Anglican chapel in the country to be dedicated to the Archangel St. Raphael. His name means 'God's Healing' or 'God has healed' and he was one of the archangels who stood before the throne. He is also known as the patron saint of travellers.
Services of Holy Communion are held every 3rd Sunday at 9am.
Next service will be at 9am on Sunday 18th June.
The Chapel is also available for weddings - please check with the Churchwarden or Church of England website for eligibility criteria; baptisms and funerals. Details are on our Links Page.
To see a wonderful timelapse video of the snowdrops at St. Raphael's, click on the link below:
St. Raphel's Chapel